When using the CSX Dual Abdominal Roller Wheel for the first time start slowly and gradually progress as your core strength increases.
- Start from a kneeling position to learn the correct technique and to gradually stress your abs, back and arm muscles.
- Hold the ab wheel with both hands and place it on the floor in front of you so that you are in a kneeling push up position, place your toes on the floor and straighten your arms. This is your starting position.
- Lift ribcage, expand chest, align hips with shoulders and push hips back slightly. The lower back should assume its natural curvature.
- Using your abs, slowly roll the ab wheel forward in a straight line as you breathe in. Roll out only as far as the lower back can maintain its natural curvature.
- After a pause at the stretched position, start pulling yourself back to the starting position using your abs and breathe out.
- When using for the first time, don’t roll forward too far as it may be too difficult to roll yourself back. Experiment with different forward roll lengths to see which length lets you roll yourself back using your abs.
- Go slowly and keep your abs tight at all times. Use your core to push you forward and roll you back.
- You can also perform this exercise by rolling out to the left and right sides at a slight angle between 10 o’clock and 12 o’clock. Alternate between the left and right sides to work the oblique muscles.